Brody J. Ockander
866-203-7116 (Trucker Lawyers)
The majority of my civil litigation practice is representing injured people, but I represent clients on a variety of matters ranging from employment disputes to wrongful death. Like all attorneys at Rehm, Bennett, & Moore, I represent Plaintiffs and do not work for the insurance companies.
I am originally from Wisner, Nebraska where I graduated from high school. After high school, I received my Bachelors in Communications, cum laude, from Concordia University Texas.
I later returned to Nebraska and received my Juris Doctorate, with distinction, from the University of Nebraska College of Law. There, I completed a Litigation Program of concentrated study. I also participated in various Moot Court competitions and trial advocacy specialization courses to prepare myself to become a Trial Lawyer.
While in law school, I was a member of the Robert Van Pelt Inn of Court and was awarded the Alan L. Plessman Student Award. In addition, I worked as a senior certified prosecutor at the Lancaster County Attorney's Office. I also was a law clerk for Rehm, Bennett, & Moore, where I joined the firm as an associate upon graduation from law school.
I currently reside in Lincoln with my wife and four children.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Workers' Compensation
- 20% Automobile Injuries
- 5% Other (Wrongful Death, Farm injuries, Defective Products)
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2008
- Nebraska, 2009
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. cum laude - 2008
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Member, Robert Van Pelt Inn of Court
- Honors: Awarded, Alan L. Plessman Student Award
- Concordia University Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. cum laude - 2003
- Major: Communications
- United Food & Commercial Workers Steward training, 2008 - Present
- Speaker, 2014 Nebraska Association for Translators and Interpreters
- Speaker, 2014 Regional Conference : Civil Litigation and Workers Compensation
- Speaker, 2014 NATA Seminar: First Responders in Workers’ Compensation
- Speaker, 2015 NATA Workers’ Compensation Seminar: Case Law Update
- Speaker, Sterling Education: Trends in Workers Compensation 2015
- Feb. 2016 NATA Seminar: Ethical Implications of Representation and Fee Sharing Agreements
- Speaker 2017 NATA Workers’ Compensation Seminar: Ethics of Representing Non-English Speaking Clients
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
- Graduate of Nebraska Bar Association Leadership Academy
- American Inns of Court, Learned Hand Chapter, 2015 - Present